What Are the Best WordPress Plugins for Business Websites?
There’s no denying that WordPress is the top content management system (CMS) to date — in fact, 14.7% of the world’s top 100 websites use WordPress.
Additionally, it is estimated that at least 500 new websites are being built on WordPress every day, placing it as the world’s fastest-growing CMS.
Plugins and WordPress: Why It’s the Number 1 Choice for Many
Among the biggest appeals about WordPress is that it gives a truly open-source experience for both advanced and beginner web developers alike with its wide range of plugins.
Plugins enable you to add functionality and customization options to your website.
To date, there are more than 57,000 plugins in the official WordPress directory, and this number continues to grow daily.
The Top WordPress Plugins for Business Websites
With so many options available, it may be confusing to choose which plugins to add to your WordPress site.
Here are the top WordPress plugins for each of the following categories for business websites:
- Lead Generation
- Site Speed
- WooCommerce — WooCommerce is among the most popular e-commerce plugins for WordPress, offering a number of features to help you create a highly customizable online store. It’s also compatible with PayPal, Stripe, ShipStation, and more to extend your store’s functionality.
- LiveChat — LiveChat, as its name suggests, is a live chat support and customer service platform that can integrate with a number of e-commerce tools, such as WooCommerce, Salesforce, Facebook Messenger, and Zendesk, to name a few.
2. Lead Generation
- OptinMonster — OptinMonster is a lead generation and conversion optimization software. It provides you with a host of features, including lead capture form creation, A/B testing, targeting, and analytics.
- WPForms — WPForms is a form builder plugin for WordPress that offers easy drag-and-drop functionality. It supports several form formats, such as contact forms, payment pages, surveys, newsletters, and much more.
- Constant Contact — Constant Contact is an email marketing plugin that works well with other lead generation WordPress plugins such as WPForms and OptinMonster. It also supports social media ad campaigns for Facebook and Instagram.
- Yoast SEO — Yoast is inarguably the most popular and most comprehensive search engine optimization plugin for WordPress that provides you with all the tools you need to improve your website’s on-page SEO.
- MonsterInsights — MonsterInsights allows your website to be properly connected to Google Analytics. It provides you with both detailed and high-level insights into your website’s performance.
- Sucuri Security — Sucuri is one of the most trusted security plugins for WordPress. It protects your business website from any sort of cyberattacks, including DDoS, malware, brute force attacks, XSS, and more.
5. Site Speed
- WP Rocket — WP Rocket helps you optimize your site speed by turning on page and browser caching settings, GZIP compression, CDN, and more.
- W3 Total Cache — W3TC is another site speed optimization plugin option that boasts to be the only web host agnostic WPO (Web Performance Optimization) framework.
- CSS Hero — CSS Hero allows you to have full control over the appearance of your WordPress theme. It offers an easy interface for you to customize your theme without the need for any coding experience.
- Beaver Builder — Beaver Builder is a page builder plugin for WordPress that features a drag-and-drop functionality and allows you to create custom page layouts with ease.
Wrapping it up
With so many options available, what’s important is to first assess and identify what your business website needs. Keep plugins to a minimum, if you can, for easier maintenance and stick to ones that are trusted by many.
Get more web development, web design, and digital marketing tips on our blog!